To get in shape, you need the right kind of equipment and you need those that have a good reputation for durability and effectiveness. Schwinn is a name long trusted for creating long lasting products.
When you’re determined to take charge of your health and get or stay fit, you want something that will go the distance with you. The Schwinn 430 Elliptical Machine offers a lot of features that can take your exercise routine to the next level.
In the picture: Schwinn 430 Elliptical Machine
Pros of the Schwinn 430 Elliptical Machine:
- Sturdy construction: The machine can support a weight limit of up to 300 pounds. It’s solidly supported by a center frame and has two levelers. The crossbar tubing adds to the sense of durability and ease of usage. Thanks to the wheels on the machine, it can easily be relocated or stored out of the way.
- Very customizable: This model gives users six different positions to choose from – and each of the 22 preset programs can be customized to work best for your own fitness needs.
- Dual LCD monitor: The machines have a dual LCD monitor, which can keep up with a variety of information so that you get the most from each workout every time. Since the monitor can keep track of two different user’s information, this is the perfect machine for couples.
- Charging port: This charging port is also one that can be used to charge iPhones or music devices. It also allows you to connect online with helpful workout information and keep your goals up to date online.
- Heart rate monitor: The handlebars have the convenient heart rate monitor on the stationary hand grips so you can make sure you’re in your target range.
Cons of the Schwinn 430 Elliptical Machine:
- Not easily stored: Weighing over 200 pounds, this is a large piece of exercise equipment and is not easily stored away.
- Distance readings: Some users have complained that the distance readings are inaccurate. The bike is designed to measure distance like a 10-speed bike. Therefore, the higher the resistance level the faster you go, therefore the more distance you cover. Therefore, you have to increase the resistance to move your distance on the bike.
Worth the Money?
The Schwinn 430 Elliptical Machine is a sturdy, well-built machine that has some of the same features as more expensive brands but at a much lower price. However, it seems that some users have complained that the distance measured is based on the degree of resistance (like a 10-speed bike). This may or may not be an important factor in your decision. For less than $600, you’re getting a quality elliptical machine that would definitely be a nice addition to any home gym.