Studies have shown that using the power of resistance increases the results that you get with exercise. It’s that thinking that drives the success of the Schwinn AD6 Airdyne Upright Exercise Bike.
You’re the force behind the creation of the wind resistance with this bike. The amount of resistance will depend on how hard and fast that you can pedal. When you want a lot of resistance, you simply have to pedal faster.
Let’s take a look at more of the features of the Schwinn AD6 Airdyne Exercise Bike to see all that it has to offer.
In the picture: Schwinn AD6 Airdyne Exercise Bike
Pros of the Schwinn AD6 Airdyne Exercise Bike
- Smooth and quiet: This model operates quietly and allows you to do things like watching your favorite show on TV or hearing your playlist.
- Durable and steady: The bike is steady and durable, but there are also levelers to make sure the bike doesn’t tip over, despite a fast and aggressive workout. The transport wheels allow users to easily move the bike to change its position or to store it out of sight.
- Works upper and lower body: Most standard exercise bikes work out the muscles in the bottom half of the body while ignoring the upper muscle groups. Instead, this bike works them both at the same time. So you end up getting a great workout with all of the major muscle groups in half the time that it would normally take.
- Multi-purpose console: The console covers what your calorie burn level is and how long your workout is. The monitor also keeps track of how fast your workouts are, so you can know where you need to make adjustments. This information is continually being updated so that you can see the readouts as you’re exercising.
- Comfortable seat: The padded seat is comfortable to use for both short or long term use.
- Convenient bottle holder: To help keep you cooled off and hydrated during workouts, there is an integrated bottle holder conveniently located directly in front of the console.
Cons of the Schwinn AD6 Airdyne Exercise Bike
- Arm levers: Some users have said the arm levers cannot extend like the seat does. Other users have noted that the arm levers are too far from the seat.
- Seat height: If you are under 5 feet tall, the seat heat might be an issue with you. Therefore, the seat height might be an issue with shorter users.
Worth the Money?
The Schwinn AD6 Airdyne Exercise Bike has some really useful features that make this a decent exercise bike to consider for your home gym. However, because of the issues with the arm levels and seat height, this is not good choice for shorter users.